Using the tube and pipe functionality inside the Autodesk Inventor product is easy with a lot of great benefits like:
- Standardizing Machine Plumbing ensuring your machines are piped the same way every time no matter who the installer is.
- Understand cost associated to plumbing of your machines
- Accurate bill of materials
- Detail drawings of standard pipe runs
- Detail drawings of pipe segments
Let’s take a look at this basic example:
Inventor Tube and Pipe – Rigid Tube Basics
Tags: ease of use, Inventor Routed Systems, Rigid, Tube and Pipe
Updates, that is. If you are using Inventor Professional or Routed Systems to design cable and harnesses, you may want to take advantage of a new feature in 2009. You now have the ability to defer the automatic update that would take place if you were to make an edit. If you have a large assembly or are in the beginning process of your design and not sure where everthing fits yet, this could be a time consuming process everytime you make a change. You also have the ability to defer the BOM length update, further speeding your process time.
Although this isn’t a large assembly, you get the idea…
Another productivity enhancement from our friends at Autodesk.
John with the INCAT CAD Geeks